Win 7 activation destroys GMA500.

jeremys

Win 7 activation destroys GMA500.

Post by jeremys »

Hi there. Using Fit-PC2 rev 1.4 above.
Win 7 x86 as Os.

There is something badly wrong with the Drivers. After a huge amout of work, reinstalls, cheks, bios checks etc I really can't solve this: My Fit is running "Standard VGA adapter".

After win activation online, reboot results black screen via Hdmi / VNC connection.

Also Intel's ChipSet drivers does not install: incompatible..
Audio drivers does not install.. Only good is new Wifi-drivers from Realink (Wifi-IS_AP_STA_RT2860_D-3.2.7.0_VA-3.2.7.0_W7-3.2.7.0_RU-4.1.4.0_AU-4.1.2.0_112311_1.5.16.0WP_Free.exe)

So.. WHAT driver is the basic for FitPC2 with Win7 x86?

irads

Re: Win 7 activation destroys GMA500.

Post by irads »

There are several issues raised. I suggest to tackle them one by one.
Tested drivers are available at http://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Downlo ... _Windows_7

You should be able to boot into Windows at VGA mode regardless of driver state.

Display driver - it is recommended to uninstall the driver before installing a new one.

Chipset - please advise incompatibility message

Audio - please advise message.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

irads wrote:There are several issues raised.
True, Let's concentrate purely to the Graphics issue.
1. Install Clean Windows 7 x86 (sp0).
2. Install RealVNC (no additional display mirrordriver)
3. Install GMA500 driver from FitPC site. Actually same result with Windows Update's GMA derivers..
4. Activate Windows online - Reboot.
* After the Windows load screen, HDMI monitor goes black and nothing comes up anymore. Even RealVNC's remoteView into the PC shows blank..

When I ran my Fit PC with XP I had similar problems, GPU drivers deteriorated occationally to standard VGA. IEGD drivers where the only one that worked reliably. GMA500 could blowup anytime (VNC connections aswell).

Same drivers does not exist to Win7 (IEGD)?
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/embedded/h ... tware/iegd

ChipSet drivers http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... 6&lang=eng
does not even install..

irads

Post by irads »

At the moment we have not qualified a Win7 driver for headless operation. I suspect there may be some interference between RealVNC and the driver.
I suggest to try getting the GMA500 driver without RealVNC ie uninstall RealVNC. From other users reports RealVNC does not work with GMA500 driver.

About chipset - I suggest you try installing the one on our website which has been tested on fit-PC2.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

well... Screen goes blank even without RealVNC and FitPC sites ChipSet driver, there is also something wrong: after installation procedure (Finnish click) Win7 prompts with two choises: Yes, installed correctly/ No, install with recommended settings...

irads

Post by irads »

I am not sure why the screen goes blank - the HW seems OK and normally Windows displays the desktop on fit-PC2 with and without the GMA500 display driver. Therefore I tend to believe the current installation has some conflicts or faults.

I see several options to move forward
- You can start over a clean installation (recommended).
- We can replace the fit-PC2 with a unit pre-installed with Windows 7.
- We can accept the unit back for a refund.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

Well... I have installed the OS 4 times already, clean format C style.. GMA 500 divers just won't work like they should...odd problem.. now I'm forced to run it with VGA driver. :(

This Unit I have now has just been replaced via RMA program back just now... I believe the HW is ...ok?

Fit-pc3 seems to come out aswell..How difficult is to refunded this Unit to FitPC3 and how much would I pay for it?

irads

Post by irads »

I am sorry Windows 7 drivers installation did not work for you.
You can return the unit for a full refund and decide whether you would like to purchase fit-PC3 instead. I believe the ATI Catalyst drivers of fit-PC3 may prove to be more polished. If you are in the US you can send by RMA to our US office.
Please email rma@fit-pc.com to proceed.

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”