PC2i ~ unable to obtain video on screen after boot up XP sp2

les.edgecumbe

PC2i ~ unable to obtain video on screen after boot up XP sp2

Post by les.edgecumbe »

PC2i DIG-C1600-W 111101-123 Win XP Pro (sp2, but sp3 also tried). Unable to obtain any graphics within Windows.
On boot up normal graphics are displayed, but then disappear when Windows starts up.
Only way to obtain a VGA display is to select VGA after using F8 during boot up. (not satisfactory). Monitor is Neovo E17DA, but have tried several with same result, both in VGA and HDMI modes. Also using Fit HDMI/VGA adapter. PC2i purchased from you approx 2 months ago.
Please advise urgently .
Regards,
Les Edgecumbe (Maine Electronics Engineer).
Les Edgecumbe
Marine Electronics Eng.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: PC2i ~ unable to obtain video on screen after boot up XP

Post by gabrielh »

Please remove the vga driver, and after reboot reinstall it with the latest available on the Compulab's website
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

les.edgecumbe

Post by les.edgecumbe »

That's the ticket! Many thanks ~ instant relief ;-)
Les.
Les Edgecumbe
Marine Electronics Eng.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

You are welcome :)
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

les.edgecumbe

Post by les.edgecumbe »

FYI: I have now resolved this problem. No thanks to the UK representaive of your company. It took 2 weeks, yes 2 weeks to get a response on the telephone: quote "we use IP phones in the office and there must have been a wrong address allocated" ~ no joking!!! Eventually sent the unit back to them, "No Faut Found".
Further investigations in our workshop concluded incompatibilty between the PC2i grpahics and the Neovo E series monitor in use. (your rep. hadn't even heard of Neovo) when using VGA via the recommended and supplied DVI/VGA adapter ~ this despite loading both the latest PVC2i Intel driver and the Neovo driver.
In the end I used a DVI-HDMI cable, straight from the DVI o/p to the HDMI i/p on the monitor and hey presto! With the extremely poor backup of the Supplier (2WEEKS to answer my calls), this job has no profit, and incurred major losses financially and prestige wise to me.
However, I do appreciate your rapid advice on this forum, which was much appreciated.
Les Edgecumbe
Marine Electronics Eng.

igor

Post by igor »

I am sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience with our representative.
Thank you for taking the time to notify us of that. We will double-check with our UK representative their phone response policies to make sure customers get support in a timely manner.
I appreciate your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
Igor Vaisbein,
fit-PC Product Line Manager

Return to “Windows on fit-PC2”