Issue with USB & SSD

ccatalanotto

Issue with USB & SSD

Post by ccatalanotto »

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting in the correct section as my questions are covering different topics.

I'working on building an industrial product based on FitPC2i (I can not elaborate more here), and during my testings I am facing some issues for which I have questions.

The model we're working with is the following : fit-PC2i SSD 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM, 8GB SSD, WiFi

For the tests, fitPC was operated at ambiant temperature, with only keyboard, mouse, and a RFID reader THAT DOES NOT DRAIN ITS POWER FROM USB (it has its own power supply and uses internally a FTDI FT232)

- From time to time (and seems to occure more when device gets hot) : We get a Windows message indicating power surge on USB. Seen on 2 devices (SN D1G-C1600-H8W 111228-059 & 111228052). Considering the little power drained from the fitPC, I can not understand what's happening.

- SSD failure : Device does not boot any more. SSD does not seem to be detected any more (1 device - S/N unfortunately lost when trying to swap SSD)

- Self reboot : 1 of the devices (out of the box so SSD blank) kept self rebooting during BIOS boot sequence.

- Generally speaking : Device gets easily REALLY HOT though used at ambiant temperature, and seems to be MUCH less responsive (I suppose it self decreases its operating frequency to try to reduce heat - What is the applied rule temp vs CPU freq ?)

To be honnest, we're getting really concerned about the failure rate. Among the 20 units we've purchased, 4 (for now) have shown failures/weird behaviours which is already an abnormally high failure rate.

Any feedback you could provide would be highly appreciated (Have you had issues with some production batches ? Do you always use the same SSD manufacturer ? Did you face similar issues with other customers ? Advices ?)

Your device is really the one we'd like to deploy, but we definitely can not deal with such failure rates in the field !

Best regards, and thanks in advance for your feedback,

Cyril

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Issue with USB & SSD

Post by gabrielh »

Dear Cyril

That seams an RMA case. Please contact our RMA manager and we will support you by direct communication and not through the forum

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

ccatalanotto

Post by ccatalanotto »

Thanks for your feedback. I will contact rma.

bhurley

Post by bhurley »

Hi Cyril

Did they find a solution to your problem??

Im facing some similar issues with PC-2!

Regards

Return to “fit-PC2 hardware”