IPC3 ?

Find IPC2 news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
cam

IPC3 ?

Post by cam »

Hi,

The IPC2 is about one year old. Wondering if an IPC3 is on its way? What would be the rough ETA?

cheers,

irads

Re: IPC3 ?

Post by irads »

Unfortunately we cannot discuss unannounced products.

emurach

Post by emurach »

I don't seeing my self purchasing a IPC2. Waiting for the IPC3 myself. And, I won't purchase that with out a 6th GEN Intel, 3.1 USB, And a UDK2015 UEFI bios with basic bluetooth support that works in UEFI Shell & Setup.

Love my IPCs by the way. But the bluetooth angle and keyboards needs solved.

cam

Post by cam »

lack of info made me give up on this.
Went to buy the Intel NUC i7 instead. Really fast and not as noisy as reviews mentions...

emurach

Post by emurach »

The IPC3 must have UEFI Bluetooth support at the UEFI level. Essential in the bedroom and living room wireless TV environment.

emurach

Post by emurach »

Dual NVMe drive doing 3GBs+ would be killer too. A fast super fast os drive and super fast backup drive.

My acronis has a EFI app and I setup an icon on my refind boot manager menu. Backup normally are done with acronis in Windows. But I have a usb key and the EFI app option too.

On my Intense My main drive it the 512GB Samsung PRO to the 1TB Samsung EVO MSATA drive. Faster than a mechanical HD but if took it to 3GBs+ NVMe drives we could get the 40min backups to maybe 10min.

bjorn_latronix

Post by bjorn_latronix »

Welcome IPC3! I'll post a couple questions here, while awaiting the proper IPC3 section:

* Does the new the M.2 port support both SATA and PCIe SSDs?
* Using the standard USB3-FACE module and the standard Wifi-card - how many mSata ports are free?
* Can you enter the BIOS settings using HDMI, DP or both? IPC2 defaults to only HDMI.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please refer to block diagrams and specs:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/spec ... ACB-FMUSB3

Current IPC3 revision (1.1) M.2 slot doesn't support NVMe storage, but SATA only. Next IPC3 revision will support NVMe storage (2x PCIe lanes).
Total 2x mSATA slots. One 1x mSATA slot on the main board and the other on FM-USB3.

In IPC2 and IPC3, both DP and HDMI can be used in BIOS mode.

Return to “General IPC2 questions”