Power (supply) issue?

manu

Power (supply) issue?

Post by manu »

Hi there,
I've recently bought my Fit-PC4 Pro Barebone from Tiny Green PC and, after close to two months of delay, I've received it and I was slowly beginning to install and configure it (with Debian GNU/Linux).

Sadly, the FP4 decided to stop working and I suppose it's a power supply issue and/or something related to power.

The simptoms:

- sometimes I'm able to turn on the front light and FP4 boots, but after some seconds it stops and the lights turn off;
- I can hear some subtle noises from the power supply and I also hear the same noises from the FP4 - no other working power supplies I own generate the same noises -;
- the power supply stays on for many minutes after I unplug the power chord, still generating the noises - it looks a bit strange to me -.

Before sending back the FP4, which is very annoying, I would like to know if there's something more I can do to be sure it's a power supply issue (for example, can I use a compatible, universal power supply?)

Can you tell me if your power supply generate noises too? :-)

Regards,
Manu

mbirger

Re: Power (supply) issue?

Post by mbirger »

If the issue with the power supply, any power supply in range 10V-16V and at least 36W should work if have compatible power plug.

If alternative power supply doesn't change the situation, please open RMA.
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

Zipbier

Post by Zipbier »

I have exactly the same problem, But i found that the problem not with the power supply. I think the problem related to the inside power management unit. It's really bad, because I buyed several computers and now seems two of them are dead.

Can the designers of the fit pc confirm about the faulty fitpc4 units?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

We do no familiar with systematic problems of fit-PC4. The latest revisions are pretty stable.
What is exactly the problem, so that we can guide you with a solution it.

Return to “fit-PC4 hardware”