Can't get 3x monitors to work

magicmac

Re: Can't get 3x monitors to work

Post by magicmac »

Thanks again for your quick response, opencompany!

I don't think the problem with the DVI adapter has anything to do with using three of them because it does not work on its own. If I connect the DP2DVI without any other additional outputs, it still fail. So, I don't think it's related to how many DVIs in my particular case.

On the other hand, the VGA is completely unusable. I think the problem here has to do with the kind of DP2VGA adaptor.

Thanks!
Magic,

opencompany

Post by opencompany »

The issue is probably related to both.
Even if you find a working adapter, that can convert the DP to DVI it still won't work because the chipset don't support 3x DVI according to Intel specs.

Regarding the adapter I don't think we ever found a working one either and that is probably due to what mbirger is writing:
mbirger wrote:Please note that IPC2 DisplayPort is not DP++, and support either native DP display or VGA display with DP to VGA active adapter.

It doesn't support HDMI or DVI displays, but only with special active adapters that can convert DP protocol to HDMI. So if you are trying to connect IPC2 DP port to some HDMI/DVI display it probably won’t work, as it doesn't supposed to, unless you have special adapters.

We recommend DP to VGA adapter in case you don't have native DP display.
So unfortunately I can't help you regarding a working DP to VGA adapter for IPC2.
I can confirm that native DP display is working though.
Kind Regards,
Kevin Peter Gade

CompuLab Nordic A/S (www.compulabnordic.dk)
Danish distributor of fit-PC and other products from CompuLab since 2008.

magicmac

Post by magicmac »

Thanks a lot!

mbirger, any idea of a working DP to VGA adapter?

Return to “IPC2 Hardware”