BIOS

ty1

BIOS

Post by ty1 »

Is the BIOS software for IPC the same for IPC2?
For IPC: http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=5213

mbirger

Re: BIOS

Post by mbirger »

ty1

Post by ty1 »

Thank you, I wasn't sure.

I'm attempting to update the BIOS and I suppose I don't understand the instructions as I am failing to get the update started.
"Prepare FAT formatted USB Disk-on-key"
I created a empty FAT parition on a flash drive.

"Unzip and copy 3 files to the root directory: "
What is the root directory to a empty drive? copying the EFI over did not work (I also set the boot flag on the partition)
I'm able to follow the instructions until step 8 from here http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/IPC2_BIOS_Update
I also removed the SSD but it went to shell and I wasn't sure how to access it from there.

__
Looking at the IPC instructions, it seems there is a image to write to the drive. I see no such thing for IPC2?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

The instructions are straightforward.
IPC2 BIOS process is different from Intense PC (these are different systems).
Anyway, any USB drive is FAT formatted by default.

Please make single FAT partition and just copy the 3 files to the main USB drive directory (without the EFI directory only the files).

ty1

Post by ty1 »

"Please make single FAT partition and just copy the 3 files to the main USB drive directory (without the EFI directory only the files)."

This had been my original attempt, but I tried it again.
* I formatted it FAT
* I copied over IPC2.Cap ShellFlash64.efi startup.nsh
(I also compared the md5sum of these copied files from archive, as well as the main archive)
* I ensured it's the only USB connected
* I ensured Legacy Boot was on Disabled (I also tried Enabled)
* The boot order loads the inserted Flash Drive first (identified by name)

It attempts to read from the USB, then proceeds to GRUB to begin loading Linux Mint 17. Doing without a SSD causes it to go to shell.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

IPC2 has different BIOS instructions under Windows 8 and Linux, so at this point please do not update the BIOS if you're running these OS.

Return to “IPC2 BIOS”