OpenBSD 5.4 and current dmesg ?

cam

OpenBSD 5.4 and current dmesg ?

Post by cam »

Hi,

Anyone in here could provide a dmesg of obsd 5.4 and current for IPC2-i7 model?

Thanks,

cam

Re: OpenBSD 5.4 and current dmesg ?

Post by cam »

seriously, no one could help?

This forum does not seem very active.. other ways to communicate? Mailing list?

derek

Post by derek »

cam wrote:seriously, no one could help?
I can only speak for myself ...

Mate, I would be more than happy to help - if I actually owned an IPC2!

They have only been available for sale for a few weeks and are still only available on a restricted basis and the particular model that I am waiting for is not available yet.

If most people are in the same situation that I am then most people don't own one yet and hence even if willing to help, can't do so.

The other observation that I would make is that with a zillion different Linux distros, you may not find someone that is running the same distro as the one you are enquiring about - if it is going to make a difference.

For example, I will probably just stick with the documented procedure and install Mint. That's my choice based on my requirements and I am not seeking to influence anyone else about their choice of distro. Choice is one of the beauties of Linux. Realistically though you can't expect any individual or any company to support every single distro of Linux.

If this is a pre-sales question, or for that matter a post-sales question if you should be so lucky to have one already, for the product at this stage of its life-cycle, I would suggest emailing directly.

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/about/contact-us/

cam

Post by cam »

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply.
It seems the production process didn't scale up to the demand.

I understand there are many distros out there and was hoping the Compulab team to provide in house logs (such as dmesg) for a few common distros like debian, suse, freebsd, openbsd etc.

I contacted the support team through email and got a feedback saying those logs will be available this week. I havent heard from them yet, but if I do, I will post on that forum whatever I could grab.

Anyway, hope you'll get yr ipc2 soon,

Cheers

Return to “Other operating systems on IPC2”