Fitlet-H horizontal display positioning off screen

eddgrant

Fitlet-H horizontal display positioning off screen

Post by eddgrant »

Hi all,

I have just received my Fitlet-H and am very excited about getting it setup, it looks like a lovely bit of hardware!

I plan to run it as a headless Ubuntu server. In order to do the initial O/S installation I have plugged it (via HMDI-1) in to my TV, however from boot onwards the display positioning is so far offset to the right that I can't access most of the screen. This affects the BIOS too, I can't see the right-half of the display.

I had a quick look in the BIOS to see if there were any display offset options, but couldn't find any. Unfortunately my TV doesn't have any either. I have tried various HDMI cables and have tried routing the display directly to my TV, through my PVR and even through my sound-bar, all with the same results.

Does anyone have any idea how I might go about influencing the horizontal positioning of the display? I only need it to be able to perform the initial O/S installation so happy even if it's a dirty hack :-)

Many thanks,

Edd

mbirger

Re: Fitlet-H horizontal display positioning off screen

Post by mbirger »

Please try fitlet-H with other display, computer monitor and TV screen.
Does it behave differently?

It maybe related to drivers and sort of interoperability between the devices.
I can suggest to try Live USB of Linux Mint 17.3, and/or Windows 7.
You may also want to update the drivers for Windows:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... Repository

http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... fitlet-H/T

eddgrant

Re: Fitlet-H horizontal display positioning off screen

Post by eddgrant »

Thanks for replying, unfortunately this is the only display I own that accepts an input (all other computers are laptops, phones tablets etc).

I will give the Ubuntu installation a shot, I may be able to navigate the text installer on half a screen. If I can get SSH running then I'll be fine from thereon.

Thanks again!

Return to “General fitlet questions”