BIOS support for any brand & timing SODIMM?

Indi

BIOS support for any brand & timing SODIMM?

Post by Indi »

I learned the hard way about BIOS "memory profiles" sometimes not supporting memory that otherwise meets physical & electrical requirements...seemed like it had something to do with timing/latency issues. With certain modules, users can't even power-up the board into BIOS to change settings to accommodate memory that would otherwise work. (My frustrating experience was with ECS Thin ITX)

Will Fitlet work with *ANY* SO-DIMM 204-pin DDR3L-1333 1.35V SDRAM up to 8GB? ...at least power-up into BIOS for user to adjust settings appropriately?

mbirger

Re: BIOS support for any brand & timing SODIMM?

Post by mbirger »

Memory SPD reads are enabled and it should support every DDR3L memory, however we have tested only those appear in the spreadsheet:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/RA ... C_products

Arwen

Re: BIOS support for any brand & timing SODIMM?

Post by Arwen »

The following 8GB SO-DIMM is not on the tested list, but seems to work just fine with my fitlet-iA10;

Kingston HX316LS9IB/8
DDR3L-1333MHz, 8-8-8, 1.35V/1.5V

I wanted something like that, since it would also work in my new laptop. I bought the memory as
soon as I ordered the fitlet-iA10. Then installed it into my new laptop for the data migration from
the old to the new. (Software installs and data copies can run faster with more memory.) It's now
in my fitlet-iA10 full time.
Arwen Evenstar
Rivendale, Middle Earth

Return to “fitlet BIOS”