Missing setting 'Restore on AC Power Loss'

fmk

Missing setting 'Restore on AC Power Loss'

Post by fmk »

I have a fitlet iA10, bios version SBCFLT_0.08.04, build date 06/27/2015.

The fitlet automatically boots when plugged in, or power is restored. I would rather this not happen. The online bios guide shows where I can change this behaviour at Advanced >> Power Settings >> Restore on AC Power Loss, however I do not see this on the fitlet's bios screen. It goes from 'Lock Legacy Resources' to 'APU TDP'.

I see the bios rom file on the website is the same version but the build date is later, 07/08. Would it help to flash this build, or is there something I'm missing in the installed bios?

mbirger

Re: Missing setting 'Restore on AC Power Loss'

Post by mbirger »

Please program the latest build.
You should see options under Restore on AC Power Loss - you should choose Power Off.

Set the way fitlet is turned-on after power failure/interruption occurred or the moment power cable is plugged. The available options are:
  • Power On - system powers on automatically
  • Power Off - system remains off
  • Last State - based on system state before the failure it will be either On or Off
  • Disable - the feature is disabled

fmk

Post by fmk »

I downloaded and flashed the ROM from the wiki BIOS_ROM_Files page. I rebooted and entered the BIOS utility. There is still no setting for Restore on AC Power Loss. On the main screen I noticed the build date had not changed. I looked at bios-flt.ROM and the modification date is 6/27/2015 which is same as the bios build date. Do you have a link to a later version?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

I am sorry for the confusion but this option was removed in order to improve the auto-on feature that is much more important to most customers.

You can of course shut down the PC from the OS.

Return to “fitlet BIOS”