Software questions

bibo01

Software questions

Post by bibo01 »

1) Can Fitlet boot off a microSD card? Will you have this feature in your 1st bios release?

2) Although it's not in your specs, do you reckon that it will be able to install and run WS2012 R2 Essentials?

Thanks

mbirger

Re: Software questions

Post by mbirger »

1) Yes. fitlet support Linux boot from microSD.
2) We haven't tested WS2012 R2 on fitlet yet. We will update the specs the moment we will test it (and pass).

bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

Thanks for your answer.
1) I suppose it includes Windows 7/8 too, does it?

eroihn

Post by eroihn »

(3) Are there open source drivers for all hardware components that are in fitlet, like the Bluetooth chips in some models?

eroihn

Post by eroihn »

bibo01 wrote:1) I suppose it includes Windows 7/8 too, does it?
I once tried to install an older Windows version to a removable drive, but if I remember correctly, the drive either wouldn't show up in the list of installation targets or wouldn't be found after the reboot at the end of the installation. I don't know whether newer Windows versions have generally solved these issues, but at least of Windows 8, I've read that some enterprise-oriented editions support installations on removable media.

So I guess that, while you might be able to select any boot device, (older versions of) the Windows bootloader itself might try to limit your choice. You could probably install to a harddisk and create a bitwise copy of that installation on your removable media to make it work. But since some tablets ship Windows 8.1 recovery images on microSD cards, you would think that Microsoft does at least know that writable removable media exist.

irads

Post by irads »

(3) I am not sure there are open source drivers for WiFi/BT, but they are modules that you can replace with one's that have.

Return to “Windows on fitlet”