fitlet xa10-lan pfsense hangs

buddy101

fitlet xa10-lan pfsense hangs

Post by buddy101 »

Hello All,

I liked my fit-PC3 so much that I now have purchased a fitlet xa-10-lan to replace my firewall. I have put 8GB Crucial memory and an mSATA SSD into it. However pfSense hangs before I can install the bits onto the SSD.

This is a 64-bit "Full" (not "Embedded") install of pfSense 2.3. And I am installing from usb stick, so the image is "Memstick Serial" in pfSense lingo.

I have connected only one of the ethernet ports (leaving the other 3 ports alone). I thought this might be a problem but according some anecdotes on the web it looks like pfsense supports installation with one port connected.

The last three lines on the console look like below -
Timecounter "TSC" frequency 1197778281 Hz quality 1000
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ufs/pfSense [ro]...
igb3: link state changed to UP
After this the fitlet just hangs. I have tried turning on the verbose mode but did not gain any additional insight about my issue. So I have 2 questions -

1. Any ideas about what might be going wrong ?
2. Any of you are running or have run pfsense 2.3 on fitlet xa10 lan successfully ?

Arwen

Re: fitlet xa10-lan pfsense hangs

Post by Arwen »

I have installed and played with pfSense 2.3 on my fitlet-iA10. It seemed to install
fine. Just need the time to learn pfSense.

What I think you did wrong, is downloaded the serial port console version. Not the
video console version. Whence the boot process got to a certain port, it appears to have
transfered the console the the serial port.

Was that what you intended?
Serial port console?

Checking the pfSense download site, the serial console is the default;
pfSense-CE-memstick-serial-2.3.1-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz
But you can select console VGA instead;
pfSense-CE-memstick-2.3.1-RELEASE-amd64.img.gz
Arwen Evenstar
Rivendale, Middle Earth

Return to “Other operating systems on fitlet”