fitlet2 non-boot issue

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

old-dude

fitlet2 non-boot issue

Post by old-dude »

Hello,

A few days ago, I received my fitlet2 (celeron) and duly installed the supplied 4GB RAM and 32GB m.2 SSD.

The device was connected to the HD TV in my front room, and a USB wireless keyboard / mouse combo.

After a lot of failures and tweaking within the BIOS to enable legacy boot rather than just native UEFI, I eventually got Sophos XG (software edition) installed and booted up.

I hooked the fitlet2 network ports up, and did an initial configuration. This was followed by several reboots until I was happy, and the ISP's modem/router was put into modem mode. Everything appeared to work ok after that (with the exception of plex on wireless Amazon FireTV sticks which was being denied access to an apparent webproxy port that I had not known about on the ISP's box when working as a router, and some port forwarding that I lacked the competence to get right within Sophos XG). I removed the HDMI cable and keyboard dongle, and closed up the cabinet.

I duly went to bed, and woke up 7 hours or so later to find out that we had no internet. Local networking was ok, so I looked in the cabinet housing the cable modem and fitlet2 - the fitlet2 was completely dark.

Attempts to power it on are met by the power light illuminating, and network port LEDs flashing for what I would say is about 30 seconds before everything going dark again (I assume powered off).

Further attempts to elicit anything from the fitlet2 have met with no success. There are no boot splash screens, BIOS screens or anything else shown on a directly connected (by hdmi to dvi cable) monitor and usb keyboard, and attempts to enter the BIOS by mashing the "del" or "esc" keys yield no response.

I'd assume it is not an SSD failure, or I would be able to see and get into the BIOS. RAM or other failure? How to progress when I am in UK and item has been shipped from Israel?

Any suggestions gratefully received...

Thanks

tamir
Site Admin

Re: fitlet2 non-boot issue

Post by tamir »

Faulty RAM module was causing the failure for this if I correlate correctly from our Email correspondence.
Sorry for the late reply here.

Feel free to reply on email if you need further support.

Thank you.

Return to “General fitlet2 questions”