Feedback on my new MBM2 Pro

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

Eric

Feedback on my new MBM2 Pro

Post by Eric »

Hi,
My MBM2 Pro arrived and I was shocked and pleased at how small it is.
Yes, the dimensions are listed, but seeing it fit in my hand was amazing.
I am VERY pleased with how the machine looks, how small it is, and how sturdy the construction is. Well done!

I am using it as my main home computer. (I don't need a graphics card as I don't play video games.)

I decided I wanted MX Linux instead of Mint, and after some hiccups I got MX installed.

They machine runs GREAT.
For the most part, it stays cool, 45-50 degrees.
47 degrees as I write this post.

There was one thing that made it heat up.
MX linux has a snapshot feature, to make iso backups of the root.

Doing this took about 10 minutes, during which all 4 processors were at 100%!! (it's the compression) The temp got up to 68 degrees. High, but not dangerously high. I guess that's a good stress test, 10 mins of 100% processors.

The other odd thing is how the machine turns on the moment it's plugged in.
Is there a way to disable this feature, so it only turns on after I press the power button?

Overall I am very happy with my new computer, and would recommend it to anybody.
Thank you for making this machine. I have been dreaming of a "no moving parts" computer for ages, and you have made it a pleasant reality.

tamir
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on my new MBM2 Pro

Post by tamir »

Thank you Eric for the positive feedback on the fitlet2 - It is indeed a low power, small and sturdy, yet capable machine.

The fitlet2 has an auto-on feature, that turns on the machine once AC is restored.
This feature is popular among our customers, usually utilizing this machine of industrial application where it is required.

Unfortunately, disabling this feature is not applicable.

Mikael63

Post by Mikael63 »

Well @Eric I just agree!
My MBM2 Pro is also used just as a desktop PC.

Since I'm a fan of Linux Mint, I love the little logo on powerbutton.

It is a big mistake to swap from Mint to MX! :geek:
Linux Mint Vera 21.1 Cinnamon @ MBM2 Pro

Eric

Post by Eric »

tamir wrote:Thank you Eric for the positive feedback on the fitlet2 - It is indeed a low power, small and sturdy, yet capable machine.

The fitlet2 has an auto-on feature, that turns on the machine once AC is restored.
This feature is popular among our customers, usually utilizing this machine of industrial application where it is required.

Unfortunately, disabling this feature is not applicable.
I love my new computer, its a very small gripe about the auto power on, and I understand that in industrial settings, that is a valuable feature. I can easily adjust to the fact it auto powers on.

Eric

Post by Eric »

Mikael63 wrote:Well @Eric I just agree!
My MBM2 Pro is also used just as a desktop PC.

Since I'm a fan of Linux Mint, I love the little logo on powerbutton.

It is a big mistake to swap from Mint to MX! :geek:
I assume this is just Mint fanboy talk, and not an actual problem with MX software on the MBM2 Pro hardware?

Return to “General fitlet2 questions”