"No Signal" DVI

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
Davo

"No Signal" DVI

Post by Davo »

Hello Forum,
I have 17 Fit-PC2s I originally set up the systems with a DVI monitor but have been using them since with Ultra VNC. I now need to again use them with a DVI monitor (the same one I have used before) All worked fine except two units always give a "No Signal" error. I have switched the system hard drive with a working unit and it still didn't work. The hard drive from the non working unit worked fine installed in the known good hardware. F2 at start up may be bringing up they bios screen but as I don't get monitor signal out I can't tell. Is there some Bios setting that will stop sending out monitor signal? What else can I check?
Thank you,
Davo
http://www.timesliceusa.com

irads

Re: "No Signal" DVI

Post by irads »

No DVI output indicates a HW problem in fit-PC2 or cabling/display problem. The hard-disk and operating system would not affect the display of splashscreen or BIOS setup.

Please eliminate the possibility of cable / display problem, and RMA the units as needed.

Davo

Re: "No Signal" DVI

Post by Davo »

I was afraid you would say that.
I have two different cable monitor combinations - either works on a known good FIT -
Neither works on the two troubled units.

The monitor is only needed when the system goes into disk checking mode on startup.
A monitor is needed then to find and push the "finished" button.
Even thought the box is highlighted a single blind keyboard click does not dismiss the dialog box.

Return to “Display interface”