Fit PC2i and Untangle

tonydav

Fit PC2i and Untangle

Post by tonydav »

I'm looking to try to run Untangle on one of these machines. I've tried 7.2 but it doesn't find the network adapters. It does give me the option of loading drivers from disk, although to be honest I'm not sure what variety of Linux Untangle is based on.

Are drivers available or am I wasting my time? We're a reseller and have a trial machine for 21 days to see if we can get it to work. It would really fit the purpose to my mind for a small to medium company. Ticks all the boxes compared to a normal PC - assuming it will work!

mwandu

Re: Fit PC2i and Untangle

Post by mwandu »

Hi,

How did you even manage to install untangle on it? I am have had a problem of it failing to see the Hard disk but the SD (on board).

Did you do the install from CD-ROM drive?

I will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,

tonydav

Post by tonydav »

I didn't actually get Untangle installed. I ran the install from an external DVD drive and when it got to the main install screen ran the tests re networking etc, which it couldn't find.

I think Untangle does have the drivers installed but may be an issue with the BIOS. I'm going to continue working on it as time permits as it would be an excellent solution for small sites.

mwandu

Post by mwandu »

Thanks for your response.

My experience has been that - when I successfully install it on SD will not boot not even load GRUB.

Though the painful thing remains that it cannot find the hard drive. What will be your opinion on this.

Thanks,

jerry

Post by jerry »

Not a response, unfortunately. I've just had a customer ask the same question. Any new experiences with fit-PC2i and Untangle? From the system specs it looks like it should work.

Return to “Other operating systems on fit-PC2”