USB dilemma

per

USB dilemma

Post by per »

Windows 7 fails to recognize devices plugged into any of the USB ports from time to time, and when it happens it is persistent so I have to reboot the computer. Everything else is running fine.

I have tested with a printer, several HD's and several USB memory sticks so it can't really be a malfunction with the device itself.

Could this be due to the recent bios update, a recent Windows 7 patch, or maybe a setting in the bios. Either way it is very annoying and quite unworkable.

jens

Re: USB dilemma

Post by jens »

Only just saw this post. The usb issues are most likely due to a power surge on the usb hub. You can check in your device manager to see if this is true. Sometimes it helps to just disable and enable the hub in the device manager, which might save you a reboot.

ninja

Post by ninja »

I am seeing this too. When the USB device is not plugged in at startup, the pc doesn't recognize it. Upon PC power off / on, the device is recognized. Is there a fix for this?

per

Post by per »

I should have posted a follow-up message here as I have since fixed my USB problems. The solution was to install a powered USB hub and everything works just fine.

Return to “Windows 7”