Wrong hard drive size bug
Wrong Hard Disk Size Patch InstructionBug overview
In some of the FitPC2i Windows 7 preinstalled units, the Windows shows only 16.6 GB of Local Disk capacity instead of the correct partition size (the size of the partition depends on the assembly configuration). Solution
Preparing a Bootable USB Flash Drive
1. Obtain a Windows host PC and 1GB or larger USB Flash Storage Drive.
2. Attach the USB Flash drive to the Windows host PC.
3. Download Image Writer for Windows by clicking on the following link http://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer/trunk/0.3/+download/win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.3-r27-binary.zip
4. Download the patch image from http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/win7-drivers/fixes/ntfs_fix.zip
and extract it.
5. Extract the zip file and launch Win32DiskImager.exe
6. Choose from the “Device” section the drive letter corresponding to your USB Flash Drive. Warning: All data on this Flash Drive will be lost! Please double check the drive letter. It is strongly advised to disconnect all other USB storage drives from the host PC in order to avoid data loss.
7. Click on the folder icon and choose the ntfs_fix.img patch file.
8. Click the “Write” button, and wait for the operation to complete.
9. Exit the Image Writer.
Applying the patch.
1. Attach the prepared USB drive to your FitPC2i.
2. Disconnect all other external drives.
3. Power up your Fit-PC2i.
4. Ensure the USB drive boot priority by entering the BIOS (Hit F2 immediately after power on).
5. The patch application loads automatically.
6. Wait for the patch application to finish the bootup process. (Indicated by the “Are you sure you want to proceed? (y/[n])?” message).
7. Input “y” and hit “Enter”.
8. After the patch is applied, you will see a message “Press power button to shutdown”.
9. Shutdown your Fit-PC2i, disconnect the USB Flash Drive and power it up again.
10. After the Windows 7 bootup process is complete, ensure the Local Disk is of the correct size.