Samsung SSD HD

Hard disks, SSD, SATA interface, external HDD
Rover

Samsung SSD HD

Post by Rover »

I've just purchased a

fit-PC2 2GB/1.6GHz Diskless

and want ton know if anyone has used the low power Samsung SSD's with it. I'm looking at very low power consumption as goal.

Any input apreciated ...
example: SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC064B/WW 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820147162

Rover

Re: Samsung SSD HD

Post by Rover »

:)

I figured no one would stick their neck out and say it works... I understand that.

I purchased one, installed it. BIOS did not see it , I slapped it into a laptop and created a logical drive and formatted it NTFS. Then stuck it back in the PC2. Now whether it was the logical drive, or just the act of plugging it back in, BIOS recognized it.

I have now installed Windows 7 professional on it, as well as most of the drivers, starting with chipset.

WiFi needs the driver for WPA-2.

Bottom line it is working. No issues, OS install was a breeze. I will be testing it in the next few days (left running, RDP to it)

But right now , the unit with the SSD is doing just fine

(As an aside, might want to include longer mounting screws, for SSD drives, the 2 closest to the connector are not long enough to thread in)

Rover

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Samsung SSD HD

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for your update. We are trying to test a various hardware as possible with Fit-PC, but the widest experience we are getting from our valued users
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Storage”