Temperature and voltage alarms? IPMI? ACPI?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
LarryBaker

Temperature and voltage alarms? IPMI? ACPI?

Post by LarryBaker »

I see no mention of any IPMI features on the fit-PC2i. OpenIPMI on CentOS Linux probes for come common chips and comes up with nothing. I take this to mean there is no IPMI feature? What is the recommended method to monitor hardware health? I use smartd for disks. I plan to try mcelogd from source for Machine Check Exceptions. (CentOS does not have an i386 RPM, so this may or may not be possible on CentOS i386.) What about temperature and voltage alarms? Can acpid be configured to e-mail alerts when temperature or voltage is going bad?

Thank you.

LarryBaker

Re: Temperature and voltage alarms? IPMI? ACPI?

Post by LarryBaker »

I am building a prototype CentOS 6.4 Linux i386 system using a fit-PC2i "Value" (1.1 GHz Z510) to determine if it will be able to run our data acquisition software. I have built, installed and configured automated e-mail notifications for the following conditions:

• Disk drive SMART errors (smartd service)
• Processor Machine Check Exceptions (MCE) (mcelogd service; not available on CentOS i386, built from source)
• ACPI events (acpid service)

Plus

• Hardware watchdog timer (watchdog service; updated sbc_fitpc2_wdt kernel module built from source)

As far as I can tell, there is no IPMI chip, and I am capturing all the hardware alerts that this system generates. As far as I can tell, the ACPI will generate Thermal Zone events, but it does not seem to have any support for monitoring supply voltage. Is there any way to monitor power?

Thank you.

Denis

Re: Temperature and voltage alarms? IPMI? ACPI?

Post by Denis »

Hi,
No, there are no voltage sensors on fit-pc2/2i
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”