fit-pc2 loses power periodically, randomly?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
pmoj

fit-pc2 loses power periodically, randomly?

Post by pmoj »

i have several fit-pc2's (1gb/1.6ghz ssd, sata 32gb, windows 7 pro/32bit power suypply pc2(i) class2) and they are losing power periodically, and its random. they are windows 7 pro running a couple of "low-duty" windows services. the machines lose total power. they are in a custom enclosure with no access to the buttons so they have to be unplugged from the wall, and re-plugged back in and they they come back on (instant on) as normal. 2 or 3 days will go by and then they lose power again. i was concerned that they may be running hot, but they are inside of a hospital and the ambient temperature is cool/indoor air-condition and i dont think that even inside of the enclosure where they have air-flow that they can be going above any temperature tolerances. any thoughts or ideas as to what may be causing these machines to lose power? any suggestions for trouble-shooting also appreciated.
tks

irads

Re: fit-pc2 loses power periodically, randomly?

Post by irads »

Since the problem spans several units it is unlikely a specific hardware issue. Also, such a problem that manifests in two-three days is unlikely to be thermal where occurrence frequency of hours would be more likely.

The described problem is typical of software issue - driver, application or OS.
I think it is worth trying to reproduce in your lab to identify the source. You can run several units in parallel to try to expedite occurrence.

pmoj

Re: fit-pc2 loses power periodically, randomly?

Post by pmoj »

thanks for the reply. i have each machine configured identically. i run them as 'appliances', i do not however reinstall the os, i keep the default install (windows/pro) as i receive the unit out of the box. since the units are stripped down as much as possible, no third party drivers, weird software apps, etc. - they run only 2 windows services that are low duty, 1 service scans directories on a scheduled basis and does some work and transmits once it sees a file or files, the other service manages a 802.15.4 network radio (only drivers that are third party, but the same drivers are running on other boxes that do not have the problem, so i don think its this card). ill have to setup some lab tests to investigate. im monitoring the units remotely now to notify me of mem low, disk issues, windows services stopping, loss of network, etc. its good to know u dont think its a heat problem.
thanks

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”