fit-PC2s will not boot but does power on

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
RyanJL

fit-PC2s will not boot but does power on

Post by RyanJL »

Hello,
My company provides fit-PC2s as part of a larger product and recently we've had a few of the fit-PC2s come back. The PCs do not display any video and we are unable to connect to them via remote desktop (our typical connection) and the device does not respond to pings (we set static IPs before shipping the PCs to customers). The power light does come on but it does not appear that the keyboard or mouse are getting signal (no caps lock/etc lights and no lights on mouse). Interestingly, the ethernet port does show link lights. The monitor does not display anything at any point when connected. I have tried different monitors, different power supplies, different hard drives, and different cables for all of the mentioned.

I believe these units are likely out of warranty but i was wondering if there are any suggestions for repairing or diagnosing this issue further. Thank you.

mbirger

Re: fit-PC2s will not boot but does power on

Post by mbirger »

1. Do you know under what operating conditions systems were operated on customers sites? (power supplies, ambient temps., etc.)
2. How many not responding devices do you have?
3. The customer started to experience such behavior immediately after getting the computers from you? I believe that before sending you have checked them. Right?
4. The best test is try to boot into BIOS screen. Are you able to do that using DVI/HDMi display?

Anyway, you are invited to contact RMA department and address your questions for repair when not under warranty.
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

RyanJL

Post by RyanJL »

1. Do you know under what operating conditions systems were operated on customers sites? (power supplies, ambient temps., etc.)

The power is coming from a 12V DC source.

2. How many not responding devices do you have?

Four.

3. The customer started to experience such behavior immediately after getting the computers from you? I believe that before sending you have checked them. Right?

The devices in question aren't failing immediately after deployment, generally they spend several months (sometimes years) in the field. We verify every device during configuration then again before shipping.

4. The best test is try to boot into BIOS screen. Are you able to do that using DVI/HDMi display?

The fit-PC does not display anything on power up. I've tried to force them into the bios via hotkey but no luck. I've also tried CMOS reset as well. The HDMI output produce no video whatsoever.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

If these devices were deployed in the field, they went out of operation during their use.
Anyway, please follow an RMA procedure:

Please take into account that devices out of warranty will be charged to fix.

PeterT

Post by PeterT »

We have also just received a fit-PC2 system back from the field after being deployed for over 6 months and returned because it will no longer automatically boot on power up. We have to press the front panel's power button. Can't find anything in the bios for auto start on power up.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please RMA the failing auto-on unit.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”