which miniPCI-e SSD module is supported ?

WLAN adapter and miniPCI-express slot
guozi058

which miniPCI-e SSD module is supported ?

Post by guozi058 »

I would like to add a ssd module based on minipci-e, SATA and IDE interface, which appropriate to me?

thanks.

yogev_ezra

Re: which miniPCI-e SSD module is supported ?

Post by yogev_ezra »

I have tried a few mini-PCIe SSD modules (both IDE and SATA chips based), and none of them are bootable because Fit-PC2 BIOS currently does not support booting from PCIe.

I did not try to use them after Fit-PC2 was booted with other method (USB or SATA hard disk) since not being able to boot from them kinda defeated their benefit. But I assume that after boot into OS, they will work.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Update: both cards I have tried (PATA and SATA) are not detected by Fit-PC2 at all, but neither they are detected by any other motherboard we have in our stock now.

After some googling I found out that most mini PCIe SSD cards sold are intended for nettops like ASUS EEE-PC, which use mini PCIe connector but it's not actually mini PCIe interface.

So none of mini PCIe SSD cards produced today will work, unless they have PCIe to NAND flash bridge chip. The only such chip I could find on the web was Marvell 88NV8120, but I found no SSD cards using such chip for sale. It seems that nobody is producing them or I just had bad luck checking :P

Anyhow, if someone finds a "true" mini PCIe SSD for sale (that is, one using PCIe to NAND flash bridge), I would be interested to get a link ;)

test.it

Post by test.it »

yogev_ezra wrote:Anyhow, if someone finds a "true" mini PCIe SSD for sale (that is, one using PCIe to NAND flash bridge), I would be interested to get a link ;)
Like this http://www.supertalent.com/products/ssd ... =CoreStore ?

But my fit-pc2 can not boot from !? :?:
It works on other mini PCIe boards like Jetway NC64-LF or AOpen I45GMT-HD but not on a fit-pc2 at this time!
Why?

Return to “WLAN and miniPCI-e”