USB +5V outoput

USB ports capabilities
Takenaka

USB +5V outoput

Post by Takenaka »

Hi,

USB mouse lights even while power is off.
Maybe +5V of is ON always.
Usualy, it must be OFF while power is OFF.
Is it possible to change?

Xtrmrider

Re: USB +5V outoput

Post by Xtrmrider »

Usually this option is available in the BIOS configuration, but I just look and this option is not available.

irads

Post by irads »

Edit: USB 5V is present at standby (S3). We will soon release a patch for Windows to allow wake-up from USB.

Merciless

Post by Merciless »

irads wrote:USB is not powered when fit-PC2 is in standby.
You might want to double check that irads, I got a USB powered fan ( I don't like how hot the fit-pc got) and it still operates when the device is powered off.

madgrt

Post by madgrt »

Xtrmrider wrote:Usually this option is available in the BIOS configuration, but I just look and this option is not available.
I ordered mine with the understanding that USB was NOT powered when off, as I have USB drives on these ports. Now I am stuck with hard drives spinning when the FitPC2 is powered down. :(
Is it possible to get the option added to BIOS to disable power to USB ports when the FitPC2 is shutdown? If it's in BIOS at least it's a user option.

irads

Post by irads »

The USB 5V cannot be disabled when power is off. You may be able to spin-down the disks before shutdown.

davedave1234

Post by davedave1234 »

irads wrote:Edit: USB 5V is present at standby (S3). We will soon release a patch for Windows to allow wake-up from USB.
First, does this mean I can resume from suspend using a USB device and if so did this ever happen? I have tried the WakeUp app but I dont want it to resume at a specific time, I want to be able to wake it up with a ACPI pulse through a USB port. I.E. IR receiver or in my case a Carnetix P2140. OPr is there any way to take a non auto power on (even though that is what I ordered but didnt get) to power on when power is resumed, for example solder a resister to the power button or something? I know that voids the warranty but unless I can exchange it for one with auto power on after 3 months of having the unit this is my only option.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to “USB”