almost, but not quite....

Audio codec and audio ports
honestbleeps

almost, but not quite....

Post by honestbleeps »

I was about to buy this thing (well, once it's possible), but there's a deal killer for me:

No audio over HDMI and not even an optical audio output...

I can live with the fact that the RAM can't be upgraded.. long as the thing does what it advertises in terms of h.264 video, etc, on just 1gb.... but how can someone use this as an HTPC with no digital audio out? Seems to pretty much defeat the whole purpose of the box, unfortunately...

I'll be eagerly awaiting a fit-PC3 - with either optical output (at the least), or audio over HDMI, for sure...

Expandable RAM would also be really nice.... though I realize you've got some serious space constraints going on, etc...

belcat

Re: almost, but not quite....

Post by belcat »

Oh I don't know, maybe you could just add a USB optical audio out?
eg,
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku= ... re=Sondigo

There are probably other solutions too.

oomingmak

Post by oomingmak »

I would love to see S/PDIF output as well.

It's a shame there is no digital audio output at all.

HansiHusten

Post by HansiHusten »

There isnt? No audio out via HDMI? Ok, thats the killer... dammit. No buy for me. :( :( :(

crizz

Post by crizz »

when will the fit-pc3 be out? If this had audio over HDMI (bitstreaming of Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master HD) it would sell soooo many more units as a possible HTPC, i think the latest intel chipset supports this. Anyway look forward to seeing the next model fingers crossed it has support for bitstreaming blu-ray audio over the HDMI.

thanks
Chris

Return to “Audio”