xorg.conf for 720p?

Display driver and X11
tsuki_chama

xorg.conf for 720p?

Post by tsuki_chama »

I powered up my new fit-PC2 for the first time yesterday - it's connected to my TV via a normal HDMI cable. On first power-up, I saw the bootsplash fine, then got a blue screen. Aha! Incompatible video mode. Fair enough.

Rebooted in failsafe mode, and fiddled with my xorg.conf. The "xorg.conf.failsafe" sitting next to xorg.conf seemed identical except for specifying a resolution, so I borrowed that. However, every resolution I try to use - including proper HD resolutions, like 1280x720 for 720p - just results in X loading up in 640x480.

Has anyone out there fiddled their xorg.conf and got something working, and if so could I see it?

Thanks!

tsuki_chama

Re: xorg.conf for 720p?

Post by tsuki_chama »

Okay, turns out I was on the vesa drivers rather than the psb ones. After some wrangling, I've switched things over, and I can now get sensible resolutions - through remote desktop (VNC). I've currently got it on 720p (1280x720), which my TV definitely supports, and that works fine over remote desktop - but I still get a big blue "incompatible input" on my TV screen.

In fact, now even if I reduce the res to 640x480, which worked under vesa, it now doesn't work. Assuming the psb drivers aren't completely broken, could this be a refresh rate issue rather than a resolution issue? I have my refresh set to 60Hz though, which I'd assume my TV supports.

Return to “Display driver”