Safe shutdown w/Watchdog enabled

tmegow

Safe shutdown w/Watchdog enabled

Post by tmegow »

With this watchdog driver & program installed and the watchdog service enabled in the BIOS, is the FitPC2i capable of being safely shutdown? (Is there a “watchdog shutdown” command?) I am running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on 37 FitPC2is with Watchdog enabled and installed.

During my testing, I discovered that, if this watchdog driver & program are installed, but Watchdog is NOT enabled in the BIOS, then a safe shutdown can be performed by running the command "watchdog disable" (or setting the value of HKLM->Software->Watchdog->Enabled to DWORD Value=0), restarting, and then shutting down. However, if watchdog is enabled in the BIOS, then I am unable to safely shutdown the computer. Everytime I attempt a proper shutdown under these conditions, the FitPC2is safely restart instead.

tmegow

Re: Safe shutdown w/Watchdog enabled

Post by tmegow »

tmegow wrote:With this watchdog driver & program installed and the watchdog service enabled in the BIOS, is the FitPC2i capable of being safely shutdown? (Is there a “watchdog shutdown” command?) I am running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on 37 FitPC2is with Watchdog enabled and installed.

During my testing, I discovered that, if this watchdog driver & program are installed, but Watchdog is NOT enabled in the BIOS, then a safe shutdown can be performed by running the command "watchdog disable" (or setting the value of HKLM->Software->Watchdog->Enabled to DWORD Value=0), restarting, and then shutting down. However, if watchdog is enabled in the BIOS, then I am unable to safely shutdown the computer. Everytime I attempt a proper shutdown under these conditions, the FitPC2is safely restart instead.
:?:

Any help, Compulab staff?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Good day

Sorry for a late answer. We have been thoroughly investigating this issue under a different testing conditions. We have confirmed this issue, and the source of it. We will implement the fix in an upcoming watchdog driver release.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

tmegow

Post by tmegow »

Excellent! I look forward to the release of the updated driver. Thank you!

Return to “fit-PC2 BIOS”