Firefox 3.5.7 with Ubuntu 9.10 on Fit-PC2 problems

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
mercycorps

Firefox 3.5.7 with Ubuntu 9.10 on Fit-PC2 problems

Post by mercycorps »

I've searched fit-PC2 forums for this or similar problems but could not find anything related. So I decided to post.

I'm running Firefox 3.5.7 on Ubuntu 9.10 on fit-PC2. Firefox makes parts of certain websites black upon mouse over event. So far, I have noticed this problem only on a handful of websites such as the nytimes.com, guardian.co.uk and an a couple of internal company web apps.

Some buttons/text or blocks on these websites go black when mouse over them.

This really limits the usability of Firefox/Ubuntu/FIT-PC2 combination....

Other websites such as bbcnews.com, yahoo, google, etc work fine. I've tried firefox in safe-mode also, but no luck. I've deleted my existing firefox profile so that Firefox would create a new profile the next time it is launched and the problem still persists.

I don't like to conclude that it is probably the VGA card that does not repaint the application/screen properly, but I can't think of any other issue.

I would really appreciate some help here, thanks.

irads

Re: Firefox 3.5.7 with Ubuntu 9.10 on Fit-PC2 problems

Post by irads »

The problem is between firefox and the display driver. Hopefully it will be resolved in a revision of either.

mercycorps

Post by mercycorps »

Thank you! Is the display driver adapter problematic with Ubuntu 9.10 only or in general with all versions of Ubuntu?

irads

Post by irads »

This problem was not present in Ubuntu 8.04

mercycorps

Post by mercycorps »

Thank you, this is very helpful. My question is answered.

Return to “Using fit-PC2”