JDownloader (or any other download manager)

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
mpatel

JDownloader (or any other download manager)

Post by mpatel »

Hi, I was wondering that for those of you that use jdownloader, is operation smooth? This computer would primarily be running and for those who do not know what it is, it basically is a java based program that just lists megaupload, rapidshare, etc links together and downloads them in order rather than you having to clicking them (i.e a download manager). I would be using windows xp as well.

irads

Re: JDownloader (or any other download manager)

Post by irads »

JDownloader will work very well on fit-PC2.

mpatel

Post by mpatel »

Thank you irads :). I also had another question, would it work well on the 1.1ghz version as well. I wont be doing anything else on the machine except having jdownloader running and a torrent application so would the 1.1Ghz version be enough for that? I was also considering getting a second unit (a pc slim) since its on sale, would jdownloader also work fine on that aswell?

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC Value will handle that fine. On fit-PC Slim it will work, but you will notice slow UI.

mpatel

Post by mpatel »

Oh okay . My next question is, lets say I get a slim, and load apache, mirc, utorrent, and jdownloader at the same time. As you've said, it will run but it will just be slow. Does that mean since the cpu load will be high, that it would use more watts than if I purchase a 1.1ghz fit pc 2 where the load would be less? or would both use the same amount of energy?

irads

Post by irads »

The difference in power consumption would be marginal, likely in favor of the fit-PC2 Value.

Return to “Using fit-PC2”