Running Fit-pc2 24hrs a day as a background music player

Is fit-PC2 good for my intended application?
tommusic

Running Fit-pc2 24hrs a day as a background music player

Post by tommusic »

Hi, Im looking to use the Fit PC2 to play background music in a retail environment 24hrs a day 7 days a week, please can you let me know if this is possible.

im currently doing this using standard PC's however do have issues with overheating from time to time and some parts faiing.

How does the Fit-PC2 deal with this problem and are there any others that can occur?

How would the diskless version compare with this? and could i still load the relavant music playing software on this with a windows operating system?

would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Tom.

irads

Re: Running Fit-pc2 24hrs a day as a background music player

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 is expected to work very well in that application.
Many users (including myself) operate it under similar load for many months and reliability is reported to be very high.

You can order diskless and install an SSD for Windows, but ordering with Windows pre-installed can save you time and cost and is not expected to hurt reliability.

prpixel

Re: Running Fit-pc2 24hrs a day as a background music player

Post by prpixel »

My FitPC2 has been running for months and months 24/7 with no problems. I use it as a music server for a few Squeezeboxes. It boots from a 30GB OCZ SSD and the music resides on an external 2.5" usb powered drive.

Return to “Using fit-PC2”