Win2K3 - Display driver - GMA500

Windows Vista, Windows 2000, XP Embedded, Windows CE, Windows Server etc.
riksvag

Win2K3 - Display driver - GMA500

Post by riksvag »

I'm successfully running win2K3 on my fit-pc2, and almost everything works fine, IR, audio, etc. I've used the xp-drivers.

However the display driver will not install. It exits with error - unsupported OS. I've tried the old IEGD driver, but the install program doesn't even start.

I'm stuck with the default MS VGA driver.

Is there any way I can grab the xp drivers out of the install packet? I've tried to right-click install on the inf, but nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated. Maybe anyone could export theire xp drivers with drivermax (http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/), and publish/PM them so I could try that?

ender

Re: Win2K3 - Display driver - GMA500

Post by ender »

Try running the installer in XP compatibility mode, or if that fails, install the driver through Device manager (right-clicking the inf file and chosing install usually doesn't work for drivers, but if you right-click on the device in Device manager and chose Update driver, you should be able to get the correct driver to install).

grzeszek101

Re: Win2K3 - Display driver - GMA500

Post by grzeszek101 »

Hi,

I am trying to do the same and have not had any luck. Did you ever get this to work?

Thanks,

Return to “Other Windows versions”