WinServer 2003 R2 and unknown 2 PCI-Devices.

Windows Vista, Windows 2000, XP Embedded, Windows CE, Windows Server etc.
jeremys

Re: WinServer 2003 R2 and unknown 2 PCI-Devices.

Post by jeremys »

I got MiniSD adapter with 2GB MicroSD inside.
Oddly Server2003 asked for "SD MemoryCard" driver on "on SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller" (previous drivers) and I have no driver for this.

Where to get these drivers?
.)

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Can you post a screenshot here? And maybe the "Event log"?
I don't think I am going to install Windows 2003 just for this ;)

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

(screenDump) I don't see how's that goingto help.

- SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller x2 are installed. Device Manager does not show any unknown devices.
- When the Actual SD card in inserted systems does not know how to handle it and it needs a "SD Memory Card" driver. If not given a new Unknown Device appears in the Device manager.

Odd situation really..

EDIT: Can someone XP user insert a SDCard in and in DeviceManager find the "SD Memory Card" device and "dump" the drivers acording to the driver-leaf. :)

piwi

Post by piwi »

Hi Jeremy,

I'm currently using Windows Home Server, which bases upon Windows Server 2003 and I've met with the same problem. BUT, I got it working after a couple of tries, some late hours and needed to get rid of some aggression ... :lol:

After a lot of googling etc. I figured out that one can use the sffdisk.inf so I copied that from my Windows XP Home SP3 PC to a seperate directory where the fit-pc2 I use has access to. Let the fit-PC2 search for a driver in that directory, et voilà it had found a SD memory disk. The HW wizard tries to find the file sffdisk.sys, copied the file from the XP PC located in the system32\drivers directory to the above destination directory and manually selected that in the find file dialog on the fit-pc2. This same copy and selection process needs to be done for file sffp_sd.sys. Then the wizard completed and the device manager reported in the disk drives node the found hardware.

I copied some mp3s to that newly found disk and they played just fine on the fit-PC2.

The solution worked just perfect for me and solved the SD HD problem I had. 8-)

Kind Regards,

Peter.

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

Mostly appreciated! Thank you! :o

jeremys

Post by jeremys »

Finally this problem is solved. I scooped XP3's raw files and expanded needes drivers for sffdisk.inf. The package is here now and it works perfectly with WinServer 2003 R2 SP2x.

So, you need 2 sets of drivers in order to make SD cardReader to work. Both are in this thread.

Thank you all for helping with this unsupported feature.
Attachments
PCI device XP drivers.zip
(52.98 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
sdCardDriversXP.zip
(19.26 KiB) Downloaded 533 times

Return to “Other Windows versions”