No audio line out audio detection

jamie1333

No audio line out audio detection

Post by jamie1333 »

Hello,

I have a PC2 purchased mid this year, I have the latest drivers (even tried some older ones) my aufio only works for headphones not line out to amplifier. If i plug in the headphones they are detected and realtek HD audio manager pops up and I can select line out or headpones(makes no difference which) and audio output begins, remove headphones and plugin line to amplifier and audio continues, restart PC and audio out is lost on start up. The only way to get it back is to plugin headphones, if I leave the headphones pluged in and restart audio is present on start up.

Is it possible to force audio out regardless of what is plugged in? Spent three days searching forums and trying regedit commands to disable audio jack detection but nothing has worked, please help

jamie1333

Re: No audio line out audio detection

Post by jamie1333 »

Someone must have an answer to this problem?

When headphones are removed realtek audio manager inidicates jack unplugged, nothing changes when amplifier is plugged in (plug in not detected) but audio continues to be outputed, even though realtek still inidcates no connection to output jack.

This cant be a difficult problem, the fact that audio output to the amplifier can be established by first connecting headphones would suggest that it could be set to output permanently. PC is used as a car PC so not being able to connect to an amplifier is a pain, I have resorted to using a twenty dollar usb sound card.

Any help greatly appreciated

jamie1333

Post by jamie1333 »

One week gone and still no answer, PM to administrator and still no answer. No form of technical support for FIT PC2 is a bit disappointing. If anyone knows of how to get some technical support for this product please let me know

Any help greatly appreciated

irads

Post by irads »

Actually this goes a little beyond the support we can give. Normally fit-PC2 outputs audio through line-out with no detection issues. Since headphones work a HW problem is unlikely.
There is either a SW configuration anomaly or the amplifier not playing nicely with the audio codec. Nothing much we can do without testing the same HW.

jamie1333

Post by jamie1333 »

Thanks for the reply, my hardware is not uncommon, it is 3.5mm stereo to RCA adapter plugged into a car amplifier (even tried a old one with the same result). This should be a warning to anyone planning on using this product as a CarPC.

irads

Post by irads »

Are you using the 3.5mm to RCA that is provided with fit-PC2?
If so this would explain the problem - it does not connect the stereo audio lines of the plug, but a third (deeper) ring used for S/PDIF.
If you use a standard 3.5mm to a split (R & L) RCA - I expect it to work.

Return to “Audio in XP”