Modified Linux Mint 9 LiveCD, with Fit-PC2 kernel and module

albert

Modified Linux Mint 9 LiveCD, with Fit-PC2 kernel and module

Post by albert »

Hey all,

I made a modified version of the LInux Mint 9 32-bit Gnome LiveCD that includes the fit-pc2 kernel and drivers inside the initrd, and the squashfs. With this, I can now boot my fit-pc2 into the Linux Mint 9 Live CD and have wifi work correctly.

I've posted the ISO up on a
linux_mint_9_32bit_gnomecd_fitpc2.torrent
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 612 times

The main changes are:
1) There is another vmlinuz in /casper which has the linux-image-2.6.35-34-fitpc2 image.
2) There is another initrd in /casper which is a duplicate of the original with the linux-image-2.6.35-34-fitpc2 modules an added "insmod" in "scripts/functions" to load the squashfs driver,
3) casper/filesystem.squashfs now also contains the linux-image-2.6.35-34-fitpc2 kernel and drivers.
4) I've modified the isolinux.cfg to default to the fitpc2 image.

Note that I haven't actually tried directly booting off the CD using the isolinux.cfg. Instead, I've been manually hacking grub lines to load the image. So though I know the kernel, initrd, and filesystem.squashfs all work properly, I'm only guessing at whether or not the isolinux.cfg work correct. I haven't been able to test it cause I don't have a USB CDRom to play with.

Let me know how it works!

jinbudelmann

Re: Modified Linux Mint 9 LiveCD, with Fit-PC2 kernel and mo

Post by jinbudelmann »

Could you post any details on how you did this? or point me in the direction of some helpful information on how to do this?

Return to “Linux Mint”