NVIDIA graphic card

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
matteo

NVIDIA graphic card

Post by matteo »

I am extremely interested in the fit-PC2 but the fact that it currently uses an Intel GMA500 graphic card is holding me off, especially because of the poor Linux driver support. Would it be possible to add another version with an NVIDIA card? I think this would be a great improvement especially if you want to use Linux (as in my case), mainly due to the vdpau API. I own an NVIDIA card (both on my desktop and laptop) and I am able to reproduce 1080p videos on Linux with *really* small CPU usage.

irads

Re: NVIDIA graphic card

Post by irads »

ION systems are 30W
Currently it is not possible to make such system in fit-PC form factor.
On the other hand GMA500 drivers do improve and 1080p is within reach.

infoberg

Post by infoberg »

Hi irads,

that means that there is no chance of fit-pc with ION? And 1080p or 1080i is currently not possible? I would love to have FullHD from this baby...

irads

Post by irads »

1080p is possible with GMA500.

svanloenen

Post by svanloenen »

I want to us Linux as well, and the GMA500 dirvers will not work with the latest kernels. I would like to use the Fit with MythTV as a front-end. The Fit would be a perfect device for this.... if only it had a video drivers that could be used on any flavor of linux.

Return to “Wish list”