Utility wish list

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
t3kn0m0nk3y

Utility wish list

Post by t3kn0m0nk3y »

1. Replace the flash card slot with a sodimm slot. I'd much rather add a 2gb sodimm than a 2gb flash mem expansion. Besides, there are many usb card readers that can be utilized for those who need it.

3. Optional Bluetooth instead of IR. I know this can fit easily in its place allowing wireless Bluetooth keyboards/mice/remotes without using up USB real-estate. Also this would work amazingly well for cellular/mobile/smart-phone implications.

6. Change the included video adapter to a 1ft long "Male" DVI-HDMI adapter that can plug directly into monitors without a gender changer for VESA mount situations. (if people need to use a DVI cable extension as they currently do already, having a reverse gender cable won't affect that need either way.)

7. Offer disk included but NO OS option at reduced price.

8. Add recessed soft reset button. Change hard power button to a less accessible design (pin hole?).

9. Replace miniusb ports on front with full size usb ports (or switch them to the back for a 2-full/2-mini on back and 2full on front configuration.)

10. update BIOS ACPI to accurately identify itself as a corded PC and not a Laptop operating on battery. This makes the self hibernate/sleep options irritating to configure for systems you want 100% uptime from.

Just a few alternatives and improvements I feel would be both appreciated and possible in the same form-factor/price range.

[EDIT] realized 3 suggestions have been implemented on Fit-PC2i platform [/EDIT]

yogev_ezra

Re: Utility wish list

Post by yogev_ezra »

1. There is no flash card slot in Fit-PC2/Fit-PC2i. There is mini-SD slot but it's much smaller than SODIMM slot. Adding SODIMM slot will increase Fit-PC2 size and increase power consumption.

3. It is possible to replace Wifi card with Wifi/Blueooth combo card, although it does void the warranty.

7. This option exists as Linux option. Linux is free so no OS or Linux OS costs the same.

9. Not possible without increasing Fit-PC2 size.

Return to “Wish list”