What is CompuLab planning next ?

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
irads

What is CompuLab planning next ?

Post by irads »

Technology moves on and fit-PC is a significant product line for CompuLab. Therefore you can safely assume there are new products in the pipeline.
However, we advise against waiting for the next product just because it may be better - if you always do that then by the time you buy you might grow too old to enjoy the product.

We announce new products several weeks before they are released, as soon as we are confident they are going to be ready.

So you are welcome to tell us what are the features you are looking for, but don't ask what's in the next model and when it's out - we can't tell.

Gurrchan

Re: What is CompuLab planning next ?

Post by Gurrchan »

May I ask when FitPC 1.0 and Fit PC Slim debutted? I'm fairly new to the entire Fit series (pointed out to me by a friend).

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Please refer to: http://www.fit-pc.com/new/
Fit-PC Slim debuted on Mon, Sep 22, 2008.
Fit-PC 1.0 debuted in August 2007, and is now discontinued.

Gurrchan

Post by Gurrchan »

Thank you for the info/link.

superfigo

Post by superfigo »

In my opinion, the less ther chip gets hot, the better is...so i hope in the future there will be a next generation of cpus with even lower power consumption and lower heat...i really hate to feel the heat coming from a computer device...i know that Fit-PC already does not gets too much hot but i'd love to see a next generation Fit-PC that will be even cooler :)

Also, the option to choise for an SSDHD right in the box would be cool.

superfigo

Post by superfigo »

My concerns about heat are the one addressed in the fit-pc2 review by pc pro uk :
The heat levels this little PC reaches while running, however, are more of a worry. We found that the fit-PC2 idled at around 60-degrees, but quickly rose to nearer 75-degrees when running any taxing applications. With no fans or ventilation in such a small case, the exterior soon becomes extremely hot to the touch. We wouldn't recommend leaving the fit-PC2 switched on all day, despite Anders' claims that it's ideal for use as a small server or media centre.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/smallfor ... rs-fit-pc2

I really hope in the future we will be able to see something that really does not get too much hot...like when you have an ARM processor based machine that does not irradiate any kind of heat around the machine...i hope the next generation of intel oak trail soc processors will allow this...

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

You are not supposed to put your hands on the case and keep them there while it's running - like you do not do it for Desktop PC, I see no reason doing it for Fit-PC2. Just screw it behind the monitor or place it anywhere on the table, and forget about it. It will work fine for years.

superfigo

Post by superfigo »

My problem with heat is that my netbook does produce and irradiate a very noticeable amount of heat from the machine, and i hate it becasue i suffer from dry eyes and this hot heat irradiating from my netbook makes my eyes feel even more dry making the use of it unconfortable after 10 minutes.

My netbook is a fanless dell mini 10 netbook with atomN450 and i bought it because i thought that begin fanless it would solve my problem but it still does get so much hot and even without a fan it does irradiate a very noticeable amount of heat around the machine and expecially from the keyboard.

Now i am looking for a device that does not irradiate all this heat around the machine so i can use it without feeling all this hot heat near my eyes ...this is why i am looking into fanless low power low heat computer devices...i'd like to try to see if fit-pc2 can work for me...sure the difference from a netbook is that you can put the machine far from the screen and far from you while with a laptop and netbook you are basically forced to stay close to the machine and feel all the heat coming from it...i am looking to to buy a computer device that does not irradiate all this annoyng heat around the machine...

pion

Post by pion »

superfigo wrote:...i am looking to to buy a computer device that does not irradiate all this annoyng heat around the machine...
+1

I guess we are going through the following PC development cycle:

1. Less noise (massive cooling solutions)
2. No noise (fanless solutions) << we are here now
3. Less heat (require new chipsets)
4. (practically) No heat (runs near ambient temperature)
5. Less electro-magnetic radiation (to be able to keep the device near our bodies)
6. (practically) No electro-magnetic radiation (screened devices to be safe for lifetime usage).

amix

Post by amix »

I would be very happy to see a system, that would be flexible enough to be used as NAS or storage server for the home. Ideally passive, with 4x standard 5.25" bays so the user can add whatever he likes. (I would add a 3 in 2 or a 4 in 3 RAID frame to the NAS and a 3 in 2 RAID frame plus a BluRay burner to the backup-server). Dual Atom for better compression rates or RAID performance. And it should be as small as possible for a passive system.

Return to “Wish list”