Less power consumption and less dimentions

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
alpha_one_x86

Less power consumption and less dimentions

Post by alpha_one_x86 »

Hello, my whish is for the fit pc2, keep sata interface (for ssd), x86_64 bits arch, dual ethernet, keep the components disabling via the bios, and have less size and power consumption.
If that's, I thinks I will buy 2.
Last edited by alpha_one_x86 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My project for do file copy: http://ultracopier.first-world.info/

superfigo

Re: Less power consumption and less dimentions

Post by superfigo »

I think we have to wait for the new Intel 'Oak Trail' to hit the market to have a fit-PC3 with a nice reduction in power consumption and dimentions...

fly

Post by fly »

I really like the idea of even less power consumption, but I doubt we can get any smaller on the dimensions without loosing connectivity on the backpanel.. and I really don't want to reduce the number of connectors we have nor do I want to use mini-connectors. So, height will most likely be limited by the RJ45. On the inside we have the HDD slot which takes up the msot space. I don't really see a switch to 1,8" HDDs. We could use CF cards as we really don't have a SATA connector anyway but a PATA-SATA-Bridge. This would be cool for my scenario, but just wouldn't fit the more common usage...

alpha_one_x86

Post by alpha_one_x86 »

Can transfere connector on front pannel (the audio), keep the 2"5 hdd, and do:
101 x 115 x 27 mm -> 70x110x20mm
And power 5-8W -> 3-5W (or less), like fit pc1

And the fit pc2i is more for webserver/gateway (not for common usage)
My project for do file copy: http://ultracopier.first-world.info/

Return to “Wish list”