Hoping for an AMD Trinity fit-pc

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
monnier

Hoping for an AMD Trinity fit-pc

Post by monnier »

I'd be happy to see a fit-pc based on something like the AMD A10-4655M or A6-4455M CPUs.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Hoping for an AMD Trinity fit-pc

Post by gabrielh »

Can you be more specific? What the benefits you look for in those CPUs?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

monnier

Post by monnier »

gabrielh wrote:Can you be more specific? What the benefits you look for in those CPUs?
Higher CPU performance than the fit-pc3 (even the 4-core A8-4555M is rated at 19W, so it might still fit the power-envelope).

Higher GPU performance.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Have you checked our IntensePC line? It features up to core i7 and extremely powerful for a miniature PC. The mechanical factor of Intense-PC is identical to Fit-PC3.
Gabriel Heifets

monnier

Post by monnier »

gabrielh wrote:Have you checked our IntensePC line? It features up to core i7 and extremely powerful for a miniature PC. The mechanical factor of Intense-PC is identical to Fit-PC3.
I'd expect a "refreshed fit-pc3" with such Trinity processors to offer better "value for money" than the intense-pc (which is a great machine as well, but significantly more expensive). It would probably also beat it in the GPU department.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Thank you for your inquiry. We will go through a several CPU candidates that will pump up the upcoming Fit-PC's heart. The value for money will be one of the primary factors.
Gabriel Heifets

Qlaras

Post by Qlaras »

(Reviving an older thread)

I also would like to see an updated AMD-based Fit-PC of some sort. The quad-core 19W A8 mentioned above would be awesome.

A low-power quad-core in both the Intense/Fit-PC3 sized case, and also a USVR model would be interesting.

(AMD options offering a lower price-point, due to Intel i5 and i7's being fairly spendy processors)

Return to “Wish list”