Same form-factor case/enclosure.

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
zelogik

Same form-factor case/enclosure.

Post by zelogik »

Hello,

I have already an "old" IPC I7 pro and a new fitlet XA10-lan.

Really happy with it. But what I miss is a stack-able aluminium enclosure (for IPC/Fit-pc/fitlet) with the same form-factor (to put 2.5 hdd) or small electronic card (arduino or home made one.).

I could print it in ABS, but the problem is that plastic is non heat conductive as aluminium.

Have you already thought about it ?

Regards

irads

Re: Same form-factor case/enclosure.

Post by irads »

I would suggest relying on the universal VESA mounting for such stackable solution.

You will want several "floors" , each housing a computer or other electronics. The floors should be 60mm apart to allow airflow for the computers.
Each floor can be made of aluminum or steel plate, but you could even use plywood.
- Each plate is about 25x20 cm
- You drill 4 holes 4.5mm in the corners of 10 cm square for the VESA bracket.
- You drill 4 holes in the corners of the plate for spacers.
- Then you stack the floors with male/female spacers.

It is not common enough to make it a product, but it is quite an easy DIY.

zelogik

Post by zelogik »

Yes a DIY is really simple to be done. A nicer one and efficient (with temperature in mind) is little harder.

But a same form/dimension extrusion aluminium profile could be less ugly :-D

And how much space do you recommend between two Fitlet XA-10 (60mm as you have said, or it's a generic "space" ?) ?

irads

Post by irads »

And how much space do you recommend between two Fitlet XA-10 (60mm as you have said, or it's a generic "space" ?) ?
I would suggest an air-gap of 30mm or more.

Return to “Wish list”