Duplicate UUID

ButterworthTech

Duplicate UUID

Post by ButterworthTech »

Hi

We had been testing the PXE booting and installation of Win7 on Fit-PC3's. We finally got this to work on our test machine using the rtupd fix and we have now purchased several more fit-pc3's so that we can roll them out to more users but I've hit a snag.
After flashing the Bios to the latest version and applying rtupd the new machine has acquired exactly the same UUID as our existing fit-pc3 and is therefore causing errors on our network. Is there a way of changing the UUID on the machine so that they won't clash? I am hesitant to carry out any more installations on other machines in case they all get the same UUID.

Regards

Colin

Update: So I've tried it with a third Fit-PC3 just to check if the problem is repeatable and it appears to be so. flashed the Bios, ran the rtupd fix and then rebooted it to allow it to recover a mac address and now it has exactly the same UUID as the other two machines.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate UUID

Post by gabrielh »

Dear Colin

Which FtPC3 revision do you have?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

ButterworthTech

Post by ButterworthTech »

gabrielh wrote:Dear Colin

Which FtPC3 revision do you have?
Gabriel

Where would I look to find this out?

Regards

Colin

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

What is the SN of your FitPC3?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

yawarra_paul

Post by yawarra_paul »

Hi Colin,

This sounds like an issue we encountered with the fit-PC2's while trying to get them to PXE bootfrom an Altiris server.

Gabriel may have a more definitive answer, but we found the UUID was embedded in the BIOS update, so along with updating the BIOS we needed to add a switch to the flashing utility to tell it to add a new UUID also.

The thread for the issue is found here:

http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=685

My post with the solution is at the bottom.

Hope this helps,

Paul McGowan

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”