fitPC3Pro

mhwelsh

fitPC3Pro

Post by mhwelsh »

I have a model of the above machine serial number 00234-120203-00010 which I purchased from Tiny-PC.

For sometime I have been unable to access the bios because it is password locked.

The bios is Phoenix v2.1 Securicoretiano or similar words.

I would like to unlock it permenantly and if possible either update or replace the bios with a more modern or more manageable bios system.
I never knowingly password locked it and have been unable to trace any documentation on the bios.

The computer is only used with Linux software so I would like to avoid any UEFI if possible. (Or whatever mr Windows calls it!)

I am not a geek but I used to be relatively competent.

martin welsh

hassellbear

Re: fitPC3Pro

Post by hassellbear »

Resetting the BIOS should give you access. The instructions for fitPC3 are found here.

http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... leshooting

Best regards and good luck.

hassellbear

mhwelsh

Post by mhwelsh »

I have downloaded the windows software and the new bios, fp3.bin, and am ready to take the plunge.Three questions;
1 Will replacing the bios make it unnecessary to recover the password first?
2 Are there any guides as to how the bios should be set and where can I find them?
and lastly
3 Am I right in deducing that the machine will carry out the bios replacement from a cold start? ( That is, BIOS replacement stick in place, press the go button, and it will fire up into dos. Then select the new bios. Eureka!)

Definitely no geek.

martin welsh

hassellbear

Post by hassellbear »

Here is what I have experienced through the years.

1 Will replacing the bios make it unnecessary to recover the password first?

Re-flashing the bios PROM should in theory reset the password. If it doesn't, you still have the option of clearing the bios using the jumper method.

2 Are there any guides as to how the bios should be set and where can I find them?

Both resetting and re-flashing the bios should return everything to factory default settings. These techniques are used when the bios gets corrupted in order to restore proper system operation. However, if you have a problem, I will send you the settings used in my fitPC3.

3 Am I right in deducing that the machine will carry out the bios replacement from a cold start? ( That is, BIOS replacement stick in place, press the go button, and it will fire up into dos. Then select the new bios. Eureka!)

If your existing BIOS boot order priority is set so that "USB HDD" is at the top of the list, then your system should boot into DOS from the USB drive and allow you to re-flash the bios. However, I had to re-order my fitPC3's boot priority list in order to gain the ability to boot from a USB thumb drive. If your boot priority does not allow you to boot from a thumb drive, then you will have no choice but to reset the existing BIOS in order to eliminate the unknown password. You can then gain access to the BIOS so that you can adjust the boot order.
fitPC3 Bootorder.JPG
fitPC3 Bootorder.JPG (104.77 KiB) Viewed 16481 times
Best regards and good luck,

hassellbear

mhwelsh

Post by mhwelsh »

Hi,
I tried to reset the machine first but my efforts were to no avail.
My 78 year old eyes had a job seeing those little solder pads, and besides I do not know whether the board had been laquered to prevent oxidisation.
So I failed.

The DOS bios stick did work and I believe that the default settings will work.

Thank you for your support, if it throws another password wobbly I will reset it with the new bios usb-stick.

martin welsh

555kirill

Post by 555kirill »

Hello, I have a similar problem. Entered a wrong password several times and pc blocked. Model Intense PC.

Http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/In ... leshooting
"Reset the BIOS by shorting for 3 seconds two test points (TP73 and TP77) located under SO-DIMMs memory modules (with print RTC_RST)"
Did not help.

How to unlock?
Boot from the USB flash drive is not possible. When downloading immediately prompts you to enter the unlock key.

mhwelsh

Post by mhwelsh »

My cure was to create another bios and load the new bios from a usb stick.
I was lucky as I could download an update from fitPc support.

martin welsh

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please run BIOS update procedure in this case

Return to “fit-PC3 BIOS”