GMA500 works great in FreeBoxv6

fit-PC2 as HTPC
radioxid

GMA500 works great in FreeBoxv6

Post by radioxid »

Hi,

I'm really happy to inform you people that here in France an ISP rents an Internet set containing an HTPC.
It is said that the FreeBox Player has this hardware hosted by Atom; which is what's inside the fitpc2! It runs Linux.

I can testimony of the usability of the product — wait "usability"? this playback is just SEAMLESS! This is as smooth as watching TV. It can play from DVDrips (700MB) to BRrips (8GB) with subs. I'm working on testing ~16GB :P
The complete specs aren't clear and I've found no way to see the details, the box has a BR optical; so it might include more accelerating hardware… (big lack of connoissance here) Might look for ubuntu-fr fellas, as Free/Illiad is only operating in France.
The box has games too, as 3D is also SEAMLESS. It runs Linux. But where did they get their drivers from ??????

I hope some of you will be interested in this question and ways to acquire those drivers. Sorry, you'll have to do some research!

Free is known here as a 'good guy' ISP, so they really can come up to at least a partial release of their stuff. I'm so much looking forward to this!

Mylife

Re: GMA500 works great in FreeBoxv6

Post by Mylife »

It used to be difficult to have Iliad/Free release the source code of other programs protected by the GPL ... If their display drivers are not released under GPL, there's no chance to benefit from them for our fit-PCs ... :cry:

Return to “HTPC”