decreased bandwith

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
svenenst

decreased bandwith

Post by svenenst »

We have bought 6 fitPC3 to use as chariot endpoints. Under testing I found that throughput between two fitPC is about 900Mb, but only if the display(DVI) is connected, If I disconnect the display the throughput decrease to 500Mb. Ubuntu 12.04 is installed.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: decreased bandwith

Post by gabrielh »

Can you give me more details about the connection between the FitPC3s? How do you measure the bandwidth?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

svenenst

Post by svenenst »

Hi
I connect the two FitPC to two ports in a Cisco 3750 switch. I use IXchariot 7.1 as console with endpoint 7.2 in the two FitPC:s.
When I start the measure and have the display connected in one of the FitPC and no display in the other I get 900Mb from the one with display and about 500Mb from the one without display. I unpugged the display and the throughput decrease to 500Mb also from the one that earlier give 900Mb.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Do you use the face module lan interfaces or the rear one?
Gabriel Heifets

svenenst

Post by svenenst »

We are use the rear one, it'a a FitPC3 Basic.
Is the NIC and HDMI use the same chip? and if why are the bandwith decrease when I unplugg the display it should be the opposite ..or?.
It's the transmit bandwith that's decrease the recieved bandwith dosn't affected.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

We can't reproduce your issue on our side. This is may be an RMA case. I'll continue to support you by PM
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “Display interface”