Download Keys

David

Download Keys

Post by David »

Hi,

I just got my Fit-PC2 up and running Ubuntu 9.10. It works great!

Ubuntu is now wanting to download and install updates to itself. One package (linux-libc-dev), however, is warning me it is not authenticated.

I'm guessing this is because it is coming from the fit-pc2 website since I am using your kernel.

I looked around the fit-pc2 website for a key to add for authenticating downloads but couldn't find one.

Does one exists that I missed?

Thanks!

Re: Download Keys

Post by 9812713 »

Hi David,

Try this wiki entry posted here:

http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title ... on_fit-PC2

This is documented if a person was installing ubuntu - that did not come with the FIT-PC2 .. If yours was shipped with ubuntu that you should already have the REPOS...

--
Did you happen to add any REPOS after you have configured your system ?

--

Generally an unsigned package can be for several reasons, but it was most likely the command used when they built it ... To determine what REPO is causing the problems you can comment certain REPO out by putting a # in front of it, saving the file.

After which, you run the update command ( aptitude update )

cheers.

David

Re: Download Keys

Post by David »

I got my Fit-PC2 without a HD so I installed Ubuntu 9.10 as a generic install just like the link you posted says to. Then I made the specific Fit-PC2 kernel download modifications outlined further down in the instructions on that link. So far so good.

A little later, Ubuntu was running fine and an upgrade was available from fit-pc for the kernel (I think) and the automated updater wanted to update but was warning me it couldn't verify the integrity of the package (no key/wasn't signed). So that is what I am referring to.

I eventually went ahead and allowed it to update, so I am running fine at the moment. It would be nice to download further updates as a signed package though.

Other than this, my experience has been great so far! Great product!

Thanks.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”