TV blackscreen after input changed.

duckwars

TV blackscreen after input changed.

Post by duckwars »

I have ubuntu 10.04 installed on my fitpc2 (I'm considering installing mint if it solves this problem, but no subtitles in mplayer is kind of a deal breaker) and the problem I am having is that when I change the input of the TV away from the fitpc and then change back to the fitpc, the screen doesn't work. In fact the TV says there is no input detected.

I can ssh in, and it appears to be working other than the TV doesn't detect the input.

Any ideas? I'm really unsure where to start looking for solutions.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: TV blackscreen after input changed.

Post by gabrielh »

Hello

Can you please check if you face this problems also with a BIOS screen?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

derek

Re: TV blackscreen after input changed.

Post by derek »

It may help to specify:

* What type of output from fitPC / input to TV? Is it an HDMI cable from fitPC to an HDMI input on the TV? Is it HDMI to VGA (special) adapter and then VGA input on the TV? If HDMI, can you try the latter (if you have the adapter)?

* If using HDMI, can you try a different cable? Is the cable "up to spec"? (My first attempt to set up basically the same arrangement as you have failed because the cable was rubbish. The cable didn't work between the TV and the recorder either.)

* What make / model of TV? Can you try a different TV?

* What resolution are you using? (My TV shows a couple of changes during bootup.) I had to customise the X configuration to tell Linux Mint a workable set of resolutions for my TV.

* Is the fitPC headless? It may go to sleep and then not wake up unless you do something on the keyboard or mouse.

I am using Linux Mint though. And fitPC2i, not fitPC2.

Can you boot a live CD (or, better, if possible, install on a USB drive) and see whether you get the same problem? That will allow you to see whether Linux Mint avoids the problem without having to replace your Ubuntu installation.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”