DLNA server

derek

DLNA server

Post by derek »

I'm running a DLNA server on my fitPC2i. I installed serviio. A big plug for serviio!

It worked out of the box with very little fuss and bother. I'm only doing audio at the moment. It indexed everything nicely and allows access by artist, title, ...

Will later definitely be adding my photo albums. Not tested yet though.

Video seems to be the area that a lot of setups have problems with but video is not a priority for me right now - so I haven't tested that at all.

The only slight negative is that there is no installer for Linux. With the help of the internet I know enough Linux to set it up.

Anyone got other experiences with DLNA to share?

nefeli

Re: DLNA server

Post by nefeli »

Hi Derek,

I have mediatomb UPNP/DLNA server running on my fit-pc2 with no problems for almost 2 years.

I'm sending audio (direct streaming and transcoding on-fly) and video (no transcoding) including huge HD and everything runs smoothly).

I actually use fit-pc2 as a home server with the following services:

- MySQL: serving DBs not only to home server related apps but also to the KDE apps running on my pc (akonadi, amarok, etc).
- SAMBA: share server for central storage. All the files are stored in two external USB HDs.
- aMule and Deluge: both daemon versions.
- Mediatomb: providing media files (audio, HD audio, video, HD video and photos) to a Play Station 3 that we use as mediacenter

I have no issues with it. It seems that there's no perfmonance/heat issues. Please note I have no graphical interface running there as it's working as a headless system.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”