Fit-PC 2 as HTPC using Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

vegham

Fit-PC 2 as HTPC using Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Post by vegham »

Hello

I just completed another how-to HTPC with Linux and XBMC for Ubuntu 11.10. I tried a lot of stuff to get 12.04 to work decent, but at this stage it's not possible without a lot of hacks and I like to keep it pretty simple.

Recipe here: http://vegard.hammerseth.com/2012/04/fi ... -pangolin/
Linux nerd

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Fit-PC 2 as HTPC using Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Post by gabrielh »

Thank You. I think a lot of users will find this info very useful
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

cokelid

Post by cokelid »

Good stuff - thanks for this!

Did you try the regular Ubuntu too, vs Lubuntu? I'd be interested if there was much of a difference?

I did try XMBC on 11.10 (regular Ubuntu, with Unity) with EMG-1.8 (rather than 1.10) running at 1920x1080. The interface was so slow as to be unusable. Did you finally settle on 720x480 as your resolution?

Cheers,
Justin

vegham

Post by vegham »

I tried Ubuntu, but not a performance comparison between them. They run on the same kernel and drivers.

I think it's safe to presume that there will be performance gain by running a lighter environment such as LXDE.
Linux nerd

didier

Post by didier »

Hello

I ma very interesseted regarding your work but not sure to know enough about linux to understand all.

My installation of linuxmit 13.0 is not able to run properly video on youtube without overloaded CPU to 100% even I applied tutorial from wiki on FITPC site.

You noticed:
ran the same drivers and tested them with glxgears. Which drivers ? Poulso drivers are blacklisted ? This mean removed during installation ?

Sorry about my questions but I really would like to install a linux distro on this FITPC2.

Thanks

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

fit-PC2 supports Linux Mint 13 MATE (32-bit).
Please refer here: http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fit-PC2:_Software

This OS should be transparent in terms of drivers, however CPU performance is another thing and depends on applications and overall load

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”