Fit-PC2 as LTSP client

nunesvn

Fit-PC2 as LTSP client

Post by nunesvn »

Hello,

I'm trying to use Fit-PC2 as LTSP client without success. This is what I've already tried:

1) Ubuntu 12.04 Server:
Fit-PC LTSP client boots without splash screen (totally black), and X11 is very, very slow. Also, it doesn't use the right resolution to the Monitor (1980x1080). I think it's using the VESA Driver.

2) Ubuntu 12.10 Nightly build:
This distro uses Kernel 3.5.0, with gma500_gfx. Fit-PC LTSP client boots without splash screen (totally black), but the X11 is very fast and responsive. But is fixed to 1024x768 resolution, and I can't do anything about it because when alternating to console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) it hangs until I came back to X (Ctrl-Alt-F7).

3) Linux Mint 9:
After these 2 failed tries, I downloaded the supported distro. Installed on a server, created the LTSP Image. On the LTSP-Chroot, installed the Fit-PC Packages and Kernels. Created the initrd with Fit-PC Kernel. On the Mint Server, installed the packages as well. The Fit-PC2 LTSP Station behaves like on Ubuntu 12.04, X11 is slow and not in right resolution.

Anyone get this to work?

Thank You!

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Fit-PC2 as LTSP client

Post by gabrielh »

Unfortunately we have no experience with LTSP. When you have installed Linux Mint 9, have you followed this guide http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/In ... nux_Mint_9? You need to install the specific video drivers to gain the right resolution support.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “Linux on fit-PC2”